Air conditioner and heat pump maintenance tips
Whenever the summer season is at the corner, it is good to make cooling arrangements. We do require air conditioners and heat pumps in our homes. The best thing to do is to ensure that these tools work effectively. Most of the time, air conditioners and heat pumps do crash and hence they are not able to provide us with the services we need. Most people rely on the repairman to come and fix them now and then. The repair man, is however not required at all times. We need to learn how to regulate the systems so that we know when to cool the equipment and when it has overworked.
We all know that when we are in hot or cold season we tend to consume a lot of energy. Almost 40-50% of the energy may be used to heat or cool our houses. Therefore, we should be able to work effectively with these tools and learn how we may maintain them. Below are some tips that we may use to keep the conditioning running properly.
- Ensure that air filters are working and change them if they are not working correctly, as they should.
- Check the evaporation coils and dust them to remove all the dust they got so that the air conditioners can function properly.
- Ensure that whenever you pull the filter outwards the power is off otherwise you may make the fan to fall off.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions when you are placing a new fan.
- Use a water hose to spray the outdoor condensing unit and ensure that any debris or home appliances such as the furniture do not block the vents. These vents do not need anything to block them once they are functioning.
- Servicing is also vital as you may need a technician or you may service the equipment alone.